Table of Contents
Bitcoin was created as a secure way to pay for goods and services without the involvement of third parties like banks. Purchasing bitcoins is rather straightforward, and physical and internet establishments increasingly accept the currency.
The first recognized transaction that established the first value for Bitcoin was the purchase of two pizzas at Papa John’s. Ten thousand bitcoins were paid for those two pizzas, which is fiat money, priced at about $30. The bet of the American pizza chain and Laszlo Haynek’s interest in paying with bitcoins started a wave that has been joined by a large number of physical and digital establishments. We will see what these are.
Travel, leisure, and free time
Are you planning to go on vacation soon? Do you want to make a civilizing visit to a city? Would you approximate to buy your theatre tickets with bitcoins? You can do all this and much more, thanks to companies that have opted for bitcoin as a payment method.
- Destinia: The Spanish company specializing in journeys also offers the possibility of paying for everything related to our getaways. Accept payments in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. You can learn more about these options on their website.
- 13tickets: The ticket portal for different events and experiences has become prominently known after reaching an agreement with Real Madrid to offer users tickets for the Bernabeu Tour and pay for them using bitcoins.
- Gran Teatro Bankia Principe Pío: This Madrid theater led by Santiago Segura, Luis Álvarez and José Mota allows you to pay for tickets and subscriptions using bitcoins.
Video game fans can buy titles for their favourite platforms on different websites by paying with bitcoins. Some time ago, Valve stopped accepting bitcoins as a payment method on its Steam platform, the most important in video games. This is due to price fluctuations and the increase in commissions, although they said that they could incorporate it again in the future.
- G2A: The world’s most crucial multiplatform video game code sales digital store allows you to pay for Bitcoin tickets.
- Instant-gaming: This digital store also sells video game codes for multiple platforms and allows payment through cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin.
- Steam: The most crucial video game platform globally that has millions of users every day admitted bitcoins as a payment method, but due to the rise in commissions in November 2017, it withdrew this option, although there are third-party systems that allow you to reimburse with bitcoins.
- This website allows you to use Bitcoin to buy cards and balances in video game stores with which you can access them quickly. They also offer support for payments using the Lightning Network to make instant payments.
- It is another website where you can buy games for different platforms using your Bitcoin. They also offer support for payments using the Lightning Network.
The giant online stores do not want to be left out of the digital transformation and the great public they access with Bitcoin. Among the most famous are:
- Showroomprive: If you are a fan of fashion but want to save when buying products from big brands, you can do it here and pay in bitcoins.
- Overstock: Store various items, from computers or appliances to watches and furniture that accept payment using bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies.
- Gear Best: The Chinese product store is another one that offers the possibility of paying for our Bitcoin purchases.
- CeX: Second-hand store in the United Kingdom that specializes in technology, computers, video games, and repair of electronic products, offers the possibility of paying using bitcoins.
- Moon is not a store but a plugin that allows you to spend your Bitcoin balances quickly and safely in different online stores that do not accept Bitcoin payments, such as Amazon or AliExpress.
- Gift cards are another fascinating way to put your Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to work. They’re among the most common methods to utilize your money to access services worldwide. Even for stores that do not immediately accept Bitcoin payments, like Amazon. We have the following websites that allow you to buy and sell gift cards using cryptocurrency:
- Bitrefill: This is an international giant that offers support for gift cards from more than 1,000 companies in 170 countries worldwide. It provides access to gift cards from Amazon, Netflix, and Airbnb, among other large companies worldwide. All you need is to access their website, search for the country of your choice, choose the gift card, pay, andy.
- After: It is another company that sells gift cards that accept payments in Bitcoin.
- Gift: It is another company dedicated to the sale of gift cards in which you can pay with cryptocurrencies without significant problems.
IT and electronics
One of the markets that offer the most adoption of Bitcoin is the world of computing and new technologies. Which in many cases supports payments through bitcoins. We have put some of the most relevant, but many more in many other countries accept cryptocurrencies to make payments.
- The retail computer store moves the most volume every day. Generating millions of dollars and supporting the payment of purchases using bitcoins.
- This browser extension allows you to access stores like Amazon or Aliexpress and buy from them using your Bitcoin. Without a doubt, a great addition to making our computer and electronics purchases.
- Although this possibility is not available in Europe, in the United States. The company allows you to buy Windows or Office licenses through bitcoins, its consoles, Xbox Live memberships, and other services.
- If you need a hosting web service, a domain name service (DNS). Or other digital and cybersecurity services that you can pay with Bitcoin, Namecheap is your best option. You can pay for all these services through Bitcoin with a long history.
- Bit domain. Another service allows you to access domain name services, web hosting, and virtual servers using your Bitcoin.