If you have accidentally triggered the Emergency SOS feature or want to turn it off, you may be wondering how to turn off SOS on iPhone.
If you have an iPhone, you may have noticed that it has an Emergency SOS feature that can be activated by repeatedly pressing the side or volume buttons.
This feature is designed to call emergency services in case of an emergency quickly.
Fortunately, turning off the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone is a simple process.
You can do it directly from your iPhone’s settings.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to turn off the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone, whether you have the latest version of iOS or an older one.
Table of Contents
What Is SOS On iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, you could have seen the SOS characteristic on your tool.
SOS stands for “Save Our Souls” or “Save Our Ship.”
It’s a characteristic that permits you to quickly name for help in an emergency.
When you prompt SOS on your iPhone, it mechanically calls the nearby emergency offerings quantity. It sends a message to your emergency contacts, allowing them to recognize that you need assistance.
The SOS characteristic is reachable if you locate yourself in a risky situation and want to call for assistance fast.
It’s also beneficial in case you’re in an area with terrible cellular reception and need to name for assistance.
The feature is available on all iPhones strolling iOS 11 or later and is easy to apply.
To set off SOS on your iPhone, press and hold the aspect button and one of the quantity buttons until the Emergency SOS slider seems.
Then, slide the slider to name emergency services.
If you still hold down the buttons, your iPhone will routinely call emergency services after a few seconds.
Why Turn Off SOS On iPhone?
If you have an iPhone, you might have noticed the SOS feature allowing you to call for help in an emergency quickly.
While this feature can be a lifesaver in certain situations, it can also be a nuisance if you accidentally trigger it or if it goes off when you don’t need it.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to turn off SOS on your iPhone:
- You keep accidentally triggering the feature: If you keep accidentally starting the SOS feature on your iPhone, you might want to turn it off to avoid any false alarms.
- You don’t want to call emergency services by mistake: If you have the Auto Call feature turned on, your iPhone will automatically contact emergency services if you press and hold the side and volume buttons. If you don’t want to risk accidentally calling emergency services, you might want to turn off the feature.
- You want to use the side button for other functions: If you find that the side button on your iPhone is too sensitive and keeps triggering the SOS feature, you might want to turn it off so you can use the button for other functions.
Turning off the SOS feature on your iPhone is easy and can help prevent any accidental calls to emergency services.
However, it’s important to remember that the feature can be a valuable tool in a real emergency, so weigh the pros and cons before turning it off.
How To Turn Off SOS On iPhone
If you find the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone to be more of a nuisance than a help, you can quickly turn it off.
Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Open Settings
You can open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap Emergency SOS
Could you scroll down and tap the Emergency SOS option?
Step 3: Disable Auto Call
Could you turn off the Auto Call option?
This will prevent your iPhone from automatically calling emergency services when you press the side button five times quickly.
You can also toggle off the Call with Side Button option if you don’t want to accidentally trigger the Emergency SOS feature when trying to turn off your iPhone or take a screenshot.
It’s important to note that even if you turn off the Auto Call option, you can still use the Emergency SOS feature manually by swiping right on the Lock screen and tapping it.
Now that you know how to turn off SOS on your iPhone, you can customize your settings to suit your needs and preferences.
Other Ways To Disable SOS On iPhone
Using Control Center
If you don’t want to go through the Settings app to turn off SOS, you can do it through Control Center. Here’s how:
- Swipe down from the top-right turn of the screen to open Control Center.
- Press and hold the Emergency SOS button until the Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Slide the Emergency SOS slider to the left to turn it off.
If you prefer voice commands, you can also disable SOS on your iPhone using Siri. Here’s how:
- Activate Siri by holding the Side button or saying, “Hey, Siri.”
- Say “Turn off Emergency SOS” or “Disable Emergency SOS.”
- Siri will confirm that Emergency SOS has been turned off.
- It’s important to note that disabling Emergency SOS on your iPhone means you won’t be able to use it in an emergency.
So, ensure you’re comfortable turning it off before doing so.
Additionally, if you’re in a situation where you need to call emergency services, you can still do so by dialing 911 or your local emergency number directly.
If you want to turn off the SOS feature on your iPhone. There are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here are some key takeaways to remember:
- You can turn off the Emergency SOS feature on your iPhone by going to Settings > Emergency SOS.
- You can toggle off the Call with the Side Button and Auto Call options.
- If you turn off Call with Side Button, you can still use the Emergency SOS slider to make a call.
- If you ever need to use Emergency SOS again. You can quickly turn it back on by following the same steps.
Remember, the Emergency SOS feature can be a lifesaver in an emergency.
However, turning it off is quick and easy if you accidentally trigger it or don’t want to use it.
Just ensure you can turn it back on if you ever need it.